30 September 2010

2010-2011 Goals

I don't know about you but fall to me still feels like the beginning of a new chapter.  A time for reassessment and fresh starts and goals to accomplish by the end of spring next year.

At my last Ignatian Retreat meeting, my spiritual director asked me what was next for me.  I had no clue.  I was just relieved and ecstatic to be finally done with the Ignatian Retreat.  I saw this next year as one of no obligatory daily meditations.

But then, as I was in a yoga class on Monday, I had a brilliant idea.  This year would be the year of the body--getting in touch with my body, taking care of my body, and connecting that to my spirituality.

I get tingles just thinking of it.  If I could describe this past year in relation to the body, I would say it was one of mental and emotional exploration and healing.  And now, I'm looking forward to being more grounded, in tune with my body, and exploring what it means to honor my desires and take care of my body.

To kickstart this year, I'm going to run my first 5K on November 6th with my beloved partner, J.

I'm taking yoga classes once a week at my gym.

And this is a hard one but I'm going to make it a goal to do at least 30 minutes of heart-raising exercise a day.

Do you have any goals?  Looking forward to hearing them.

1 comment:

  1. i don't get to read blogs often anymore but reading yours always makes me want to LIVE in capital letters. Love.

    ReplyDelete