25 August 2010

Life Questions

In the last month, I've collected a few key questions to reflect on, prompted by my feelings of anxiety, being overwhelmed, exhausted, and pulled in multiple directions.  These questions come from different sources, readings, favorite bloggers, Ignatian spirituality,  and I thought I'd share them with you.  Use them if they help.   I spent an hour this week writing my answers and reflections down on an index card with a question written on the top.  I tucked those cards into my purse and look at them throughout the day.  They help me keep in touch with what I discovered and want to honor.


1.  What do you want to do with your time?  This includes what you would want to do as work.


2.  Who do you want to spend your time with?  (actual people you know or kinds of people you'd like to spend time with)

3.  How do you want to live your life?

4.  Where do you feel invited into to be your authentic self, to bring the light of your soul?  This could be a place, a profession, an industry, a community, etc.

5.  What do you have that you are thankful for?

6.  What do you want that you will have?

7.  If you feel anxious and overwhelmed, what do you want to get rid of in your life?

8.  What can you get rid of to create space for God (life, love, desires) to come in?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hanna! I really like this post. So did Veronica. Veronica actually reads your blog regularly and she really likes it- she has really good things to say about it all the time. She's not the kind of person who would post a comment, and she probably wouldnt want me to be telling you this, but I just thought you'd liek to know that your writing is inspiriing and refreshing to folks way out here in Chicago (and I'm sure in many other places!)
    Keep it up!
    JV

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo hi jv! i didn't know you and veronica knew about my blog. thanks for saying hi. hope you guys are well.

    ReplyDelete