09 February 2010

UN: Funding Update

I've raised $810 of my $830 budgeted outlook for my upcoming Feb. 25-March 6 trip to the UN for the Commission on the Status of Women Meetings.  Having gone through some pretty lame fundraising experiences in the past where I did everything a girl could possibly do (including the kidnapping of her pastor, held for ransom until reluctant church members coughed up more dough), I am proud to announce that this time, I'm only $20 short and it all happened in one week (and let's be honest, without the help of my very generous outreach minded parents who usually swoop in to save the day with the last thousand bucks or so).

I do feel as if a) the stars have aligned for me this trip b) God answered my prayers or c) there's something divine about this whole thing.  Pick your choice of words.

I feel incredibly grateful and honored to have the support of new friends and old, as well as certain organizations--especially in this time of great economic need locally and globally.

I'd like to thank everyone who's encouraged me with their responses to my updates and make a special mention for the following folks for their donations:

Jim Lee & Julie Cho
Episcopal Diocese of L.A.
Rev. Carolyn Estrada
Rev. Martha Korienek
Jan Keyuranggul
Lori Sexton
Anonymous Donor

Now that I look at that list, I see that most of them are clergy or soon to be clergy.  Thank you thank you thank you.  It's ironic and humbling to be supported by my underpaid spiritual leaders!

Next up: Preparing for the UN meetings

No comments:

Post a Comment